Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kamikita Komari

First figure review so let's have at it!

This is the Bandai 1/8 scale Kamikita Komari from the manga Little Busters!
Picked her up on boxing day and have had her on my desk ever since.

First of all, I'd like to say that this is just moe in a box. The facial expression, the scarf, the hair point, it's all just too much >w<

I paid about 70$ for this, which is a bit overpriced. Though, considering it was bought from Sakura Media and not from another figure store in vancouver, it's quite average. Seriously, get your manga there, but don't be caught by those figure/model prices....


She comes on a nicely airbrushed base that looks like a floor made of wood boards. Only problem is, there's no way to attach her. Though, considering that this girl is in such a pose, pegs probably wouldn't be too good of an idea ^^"
There are some general paint inconsitencies all around on her. On the scarf there's alot of dust that was trapped in the paint while it was drying. You can see it it the grooves of the scarf on both ends. Still, the paint lines are relatively well inside the molding lines, so it make up for it.


The flash lines on her arms and parts of her legs are visible, but the ones on her sleeves fall along the seam of her sweater. It's still a bit unsightly to a perfectionist like me, but most people can ignore it. The actual paint used is quite nice however. Only a few bits of dust trapped here and there take away from it. Very nice overall colour scheme and average paint application.

And now, let's get to the real reason I bought this figure. The pantsu.
They're just too perfect.

Just as well, her skirt is removeable, so you can get an ever better view ^^
I keep mine cast-on though, since I just love the little peek like this. I also just love striped pantsu >w<


Strange story to accompany this. I was talking to a friend on msn last night about Komari. I started to say that there was a large problem that I found when I got her out of the box. My friend asked, "What, is she having her period?"
".......kinda."
"..."
By her period, I meant that she had a tiny spot of red paint, on the absolute most perfect spot to recreate this comment =3=
It was an easy fix, all I did was put a bit of white paint over it and it dissapeared, but man.......
Still, very nice pantsu on her. Just love those stripes!!! >w<
In this pic you can see the little bits of dust I was talking about near the connection to her left thigh. Still irresistable.
Overall, an average figure. Still, very much worth it for fans of striped pantsu like me.
Pure moe in a box.
7/10
Thanks to my friend Morgan for use of his camera

2 comments:

  1. they actually have a term for the striped pantsu...shimapan

    its a kind of fetish btw....have fun =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kotobukiya's version of Komari Kamikita was better, but smaller. Though she came with 2 rori-popu's.

    Anyway, i suggest you use sunlight for photography. That's my best source of light when i take my figures out for photo shoots. Check out my FlickR profile and browse through my old photo shoots at my blog. My lighting at home is very horrible. ^___^;

    ReplyDelete